One World Award 2021: These are the winners
by Editor (comments: 0)
The natural food producer Rapunzel and the International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements (IFOAM - Organics International) presented the One World Award (OWA) for the sixth time on Monday. The award, worth a total of 45,000 euros, honours people, projects, initiatives and ideas that, according to the jury, make the world a fairer place with ecological, social and economic improvements.
- OWA Grand Prix winners: According to the jury, the organic NGO Organic Denmark is paving the way for 100% organic farming of the earth in Denmark. Paul Holmbeck and Helle Borup Friberg from Denmark were awarded the prize.
- OWA Lifetime Achievement Award winners are Tomoko and Yoshinori Kaneko from Japan - pioneers who are said to have established the country's first organic village there.
- OWA winners: Eliza Mayo and Dr. Tareq Abu Hamed are using education at the Arava Institute (Israel) to promote peace and conservation, according to the jury.
- OWA winners: According to the OWA jury, Martha Isabel Ruiz Corzo and the Grupo Ecológico Sierra Gorda (Mexico) are tirelessly fighting for nature conservation in the Sierra Gorda region and are role models throughout the country.
- OWA winners: With the Global Ecovillage Network (International/Scotland/Germany), Kosha Joubert and Sonita Mbah Neh offer a global hub for ecological transformation, explains the jury.
- OWA winners: According to the OWA jury, Janet Maro and Alexander Wostry are already practising "the agriculture of tomorrow" with Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania in Africa.
The OWA is awarded approximately every three years. The prize money is donated by Rapunzel. The Grand Prix winner receives 25,000 euros, the four OWA winners 5,000.
Rapunzel founder and CEO Joseph Wilhelm founded the OWA in 2008 and IFOAM - Organics International has taken over the patronage.