Organic Food Conference 2021: Programme highlights
by Editor (comments: 0)
The Organic Food Conference from 30 September to 1 October 2021 is planned as a hybrid event this year. Participants can follow the panels and discussions online or join the IFOAM Organics Europe conference directly on site in Warsaw. The theme of the biennial English-language event is "The Future of Organic Food". This year's edition will give organic food processors, retailers, traders, importers, control bodies and interested stakeholders the opportunity to network, share knowledge and gain insights into supply-chain development, market trends and much more.
- The organic market development now, in 2030, and beyond with Dr. Helga Willer from Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL) and other experts;
- Reaching 25% organic land in the EU by 2030 with representatives from leading processors and retailers, among others Sylwester Struzyna, CEO of Bio Planet S.A. and Chiara Faenza, CSR Manager at Coop Italia;
- Sustainability labelling initiatives and the role that organic can play within these with Natacha Sautereau from ITAB Planet-Score and Olivier Andrault from UFC Que Choisir.
- Expected changes in the new EU Organic Regulation by Michel Reynaud, IFOAM Organics Europe Board member and other high-level speakers;
- Packaging in the organic industry, to which we will welcome among others Steven Ijzerman from EkoPlaza and Valentina Pizzi, Marketing and CFO at Pizzi Osvaldo & C. Spa;
- A Code of Practice for organic food processors to select appropriate technologies: Roberto Pinton, IFOAM Organics Europe Board member, will share findings of the ProOrg project – developing a set of strategies and tools (Code of Practice) that can help organic food processors in the selection of appropriate technologies.
The conference will end with a closing speech by Janusz Wojciechowski, European Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development and Jan Plagge, IFOAM Organics Europe President.