EU Organics Awards: Here are the winners
by Editor (comments: 0)
Last Friday, the first EU Organic Awards were handed out. The event was hosted by the European Commission that presented the eight winners within seven categories:
- Best organic farmer (female): Nazaret Mateos Álvarez (Entresetas) – Paredes de Nava, Palencia, Spain
- Best organic farmer (male): David Pejic (Zrno eko imanje) – Dubrava, Zagreb County, Croatia
- Best organic region: Occitanie, France
- Best organic city: Gemeinde Seeham am Obertrumer See – Salzburg, Austria
- Best organic bio-district: Associazione Bio-Distretto Cilento – Campania, Italy
- Best organic SME: Goodvenience.bio GmbH – Magdala, Thuringia, Germany
- Best organic food retailer: La ferme à l’arbre de Liège – Lantin, Liège, Belgium
- Best organic restaurant: Lilla Bjers HB – Visby, Gotland Island, Sweden
You can watch the complete award ceremony here.
IFOAM Organics Europe’s President, Jan Plagge, congratulated the winners and reaffirmed once again that transforming food and farming would only be possible by including the organic supply chain, creating practical examples and real experiences everywhere.
There will be another edition of the EU Organic Awards next year. Representatives of the European Parliament, Council of the EU, European Commission, the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC), the European Committee of the Regions (CoR), IFOAM Organics Europe and COPA-COGECA were part of an independent jury who analyzed all submissions based on the awards’ criteria.